Friday, January 18, 2013

Cody Gets a Sweet Ride

Cody in his new Walkin' Wheels

Yes they make wheel chairs for dogs! Because I'm in the business I forget that this fact is surprising to some people. A few days ago Cody started getting weaker in the back legs. I decided it would be a good idea to look into getting him a wheel chair. He was no longer able to get up by himself. I was having to lift up his hind end for him. Once he was up he was able to take a few steps, but then he was just falling down. I figured I would need something to save my back and Cody needed something so he could be mobile.
I should mention that I have been using a harness called the Help 'Em Up harness. This harness is really great for hoisting the rear end of your dog.
Cody in his Help 'Em Up harness
I really wanted to get the wheel chair quickly, so I asked my veterinary community for advice and was directed to Walkin' Wheels. Their web site is very easy to navigate and understand. They have created a good product that can be ordered on-line and delivered by next day air if necessary. It took one measurement and a breed description and viola I had a doggy cart on the way!
The cart is a beautiful thing! It has given Cody some freedom and the ability to chase his ball again!

No comments:

Post a Comment