Sunday, August 19, 2012

One Year Post-Op

I have really good news to share. Cody is more than 1 year out from his diagnosis of lung cancer. Yay!

We have done radiographs and blood work at 4-6 months intervals and so far everything appears to be clear and cancer free. He still has trouble with his arthritis, but you wouldn't know it when you pull out the ball! He still chases it with gusto! The dog door gives him a little trouble these days too.



Diet and supplement update:
I started him on a commercial frozen raw diet mixed with a high quality dry food. The raw diet I am using is either Nature's Variety Instinct or Stella and Chewy's. I mix in just a bit of Wellness Core, Reduced Fat. I also steam veggies and add them when I have time. I found this diet to be easy for me to fit into our busy lifestyle and he seems to be thriving on it. His poops are very small - I'm taking that as a good sign that most of what is going in is being digested and utilized.


Current supplements & medications: Adequan injections, Royal Coat (fish oil & borage oil, by Ark Naturals), Lubrisyn (hyaluronic acid), Veterinary Immune Tabs (Ramaekers Nutrition), Vitalzym (enzymes), probiotics, Apocaps, Pain Plus (Resources), Dasuquin, Previcox, Heartgard Plus and Comfortis. Oh and occasionally Gas X!

No comments:

Post a Comment